In groups of two, you will continue designing a company website. This portion of the project has you coding out the site and completing a fully functional responsive version of the site.
Any code that is not yours must be cited accordingly.
Before your lab time on Oct 27.
30% of your final grade.
There are a number of weeks in which to complete this project, so please make sure to read the instructions below carefully.
Starting Sept 29
A reminder that your company website must satisfy the following content requirements:
- company updates/events
- about the company
- how to contact the company
- a multi-product or multi-service listing
- one product or service detailed view
- the entire process of purchasing a product or service
- appropriate means for the user to provide feedback on a product or service
- As a group, choose one company to focus on. Going forward, you will be working with only one potential company idea.
- As a group consolidate your style guide into one document. This should include all the materials required of P01.
- As a group set up your dev environment and sync it through git. It should include your consolidated style guide in your files.
- As a group build out a sitemap illustrating all the pages you will be building, include layers illustrating:
- What elements each page may be using
- Any linking between pages
- The hierarchy of pages
titling of pages
Due in your Oct 6 lab:
- 1 consolidated style guide
- proof of synced git repository
- 1 sitemap
Starting Oct 6
- As a group, build out structures for each set of components you require. Remember to:
- Build it using a grid
- Build in the responsive aspects from the start
- Use an understandable naming convention
- Use, and, update your style guide as necessary
- Having built out your templates, put together all the pages of your website as a group. Focus on:
- linking the pages together
- just navigation and key headings (do not fill in all the content at this point)
- ensure that you have all the pages prepared for content
- do not create pages for every item, link us to one or two example listings from item options
Due in your Oct 13 lab:
- 1 set of templates
- 1 complete series of website pages (content not required yet)
Starting Oct 13
- As a group, collect or develop all necessary content for your website, and make sure to collect citations for anything that is not yours. This includes:
- Images (icons, photos)
- Text (headings, body text)
- Within-content considerations (linking, emphasis, hierarchy)
- As a group, integrate all your content into your site. Remember that we are only requiring that two products actually exist in your website, and all other listed products link to those two.
Due in your Oct 20 lab:
- 1 set of content
- 1 complete series of website pages (content included)
Starting Oct 20
- Test and debug your website. This should include testing it on:
- multiple browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox...)
- multiple devices (mobile phone, tablets, desktop, TVs...)
- Update and publish your style guide along with your website. Make sure it includes the addition of any changes made to the original guide, as well as any layouts or structures created since the beginning of P02.
Final deliverables are due to Canvas before your Oct 27 lab and make sure to double-check all your submitted files and URLs to ensure they can be opened. Delivered should be one URL for a fully completed website, which includes footer links to:
- Completed style guide
- Citation web-page
- The project's git repository
Your project will be graded on the following criteria, a more detailed rubric is available on the course pages.
- Process — Deliverables, weekly checks, quantity and quality of exploration (2pts)
- Code/Development — Code validity, code readability, cleanliness of folder structure (8pts)
- Design — Consistency, responsive design, interface and interaction elements (8pts)
- Content/UX — Information architecture, effective content, website accessibility and usability (8pts)