IAT-339: 12 Debugging Day — A slide deck
- You will have only thirty minutes to complete the quiz. Keep an eye on the time due, as late submissions receive a zero.
- This quiz is open book, meaning you can draw on online resources as much as you would like. Please remember that if you cannot access a reading because everyone else did so before you, there is nothing we can do. Please refer to your notes.
- Any words that are not your own must be cited using a proper format — for example (Author, 2000). Any plagiarism will result in a grade of zero. No exceptions.
- Any talking, texting, messaging, paging, or secret-tiny bluetooth resulting in communications with friends or classmates will result in a grade of zero. No exceptions. Facebook can wait.
- Please answer any questions in full sentences.
The secret password is . You have 30 minutes.
- Using modern tags? (header, section, nav)
- Using tags appropriately? (i.e. h1 > h2 > h3)
- Defining your content (<label>s for <input>)
- Explaining rich media (alt="pic" vs alt="Dogs partying...")
Grade A Design
"In addition to achieving a 'B', the website demonstrates effective use of 'atomic design' principles and visual interaction cues to help the user transfer their experiences between devices more effectively and engage them with an overall positive experience of the portfolio."
B: Website presents consistent aesthetic with clear interface and interaction elements that effectively adapt and/or respond to user devices and browsers.
Let's see what things look like in...
Grade A Ethos
"Presents a thoughtful & engaging visual language that is organized & consistent across the document; elements present an exceptional design ethos. Composition & content structure complement the visual argument & provide an exceptionally readable portfolio."
B: A clear and unique personality is applied throughout the site (i.e. use of colour, imagery, language, content) to help convey your personality to employers.
Let's see what things look like with...
Grade A Code
"Code uses preprocessing, compression and request reduction to increase page-loading efficiency and render valid HTML5, CSS3 and JS (if applicable) with absolutely no errors. Code ensures accessibility of content through use of the principles of progressive enhancement."
No Labs Next Week
Please make sure to be at lecture, on-time with a laptop that you can present your portfolio website on. We will just hold a final critique at that time and that will be all.
- Office hours — Tuesdays from 9-10am and Thursdays from 9-10am at the Surrey campus mezzanine.