IAT-339: 10 The Coding Quiz — A slide deck
The Coding Quiz
Covered this week:
- The Coding Quiz
Lecture slides will be made available on the day of the lecture.
- You will have only fifty minutes to complete the quiz. Keep an eye on the time due, as late submissions receive a zero.
- This quiz is open book, meaning you can draw on online resources as much as you would like. Please remember that if you cannot access a reading because everyone else did so before you, there is nothing we can do. Please refer to your notes.
- Any words that are not your own must be cited using a proper format — for example (Author, 2000). Any plagiarism will result in a grade of zero. No exceptions.
- Any talking, texting, messaging, paging, or secret-tiny bluetooth resulting in communications with friends or classmates will result in a grade of zero. No exceptions. Facebook can wait.
- Please answer any questions in full sentences.
The secret password is . You have 30 minutes.
Worth 7/10 marks, you will now have 30 minutes to research, and propose approaches to replicating the given layout.
Present as clearly as possible all the different means through which you believe this layout could be replicated.
7/7 marks: Two clearly articulated and appropriate approaches to replicating the displayed layout. Cites resources drawn upon effectively.
5/7 marks: One clearly articulated and appropriate approach to replicating the displayed layout. Cites resources drawn upon effectively.
The secret password is . You have 15 minutes.
Worth 3/10 marks, you will now have 15 minutes to implement an approach. Test your proposed means of solving the problem. If it doesn't work, keep the code as partial solutions will garner you marks.
3/3 marks: One coded approach that uses valid HTML5 and CSS3 has successfully replicated the demonstrated layout.
1/3 marks: Some of the structure that would help in creating a solution is evident in the HTML and CSS.
Submit All Materials to Canvas
The secret password is .
Please take a couple minutes to try and clean up and organize your process. The following is the suggested submission structure:
One zip file containing:
- Part 1 (folder): for all research materials
- Part 2 (folder): for all solution materials
- Office hours — Tuesdays from 3:00-3:50pm and Thursdays from 12:30-1:20pm at the Surrey campus mezzanine.